3 March 2012

Hot Rod AW12

This weekend I was down in London for the launch of Sassoon's new collection: Hot Rod.  Inspired by fifties rock 'n' roll, with more than a little homage paid to Prada's SS12 collection, flames were a central theme both in the hair and styling.  The hair was full of movement, with quiffs aplenty and a ton of texture, underpinned by Sassoon's geometric cutting techniques.  Colour was mostly kept natural, except for the occasional flame of colour.  Styling was divided into two sections: Sweetness and Rebelliousness, with pastels, pleated midis and silky jackets in one and leather jackets embellished with studs, figure-hugging pencil skirts and seriously high heels in the other.
Sweetness

Me being all rebellious

All photos Copyright: Colin Roy "All rights reserved" 2011 
The show was so much fun and I am loving having red in my hair again.  Assistant Creative Director of Sassoon Academy Daniel McCourt gave me a really versatile haircut, with so many details including an undercut and really sweet fringe.  I've just got to learn to channel my inner rebel from now on.

1 comment: