12 July 2012

Thea Caffea





Those of you who follow me on Instagram (sianicles88) will know that I visited Thea Caffea, a tea lounge that has recently opened on Low Pavement in Nottingham today.  I am an absolute tea obsessive, my love of tea rivals my love of clothes, so when an old school friend said he wanted to meet, I knew we had to go there.  Situated in Enfield Chambers, the tea lounge is set back off Low Pavement, and with the sun shining we made the most of the fleeting summery weather and sat outside.

My beautiful friend Jenny works in the kitchen creating sumptuous cakes so we felt obliged to sample some of these culinary delights.  We certainly weren’t disappointed: I tried the almond cake (picture 1) while Ben decided on the lemon meringue cake.  We left empty plates, thanks Jenny!

But on to the main attraction: the tea!  Thea Caffea is so passionate about tea; it even has its own tea directory.  After flicking through and discovering blends of tea I had never even imagined I ordered a pot of Jasmine Silver Needle (picture 2) and Ben took tea-drinking to a new level by choosing Dragon Eye Flowering Display tea (picture 3).  Our tea arrived in small dishes, accompanied by hot water in a china tea pot for me and a transparent glass pot for Ben, china cups and saucers and, of course tea strainers – no tea bags at this establishment!  Ben’s Dragon Eye tea was quite beautiful; it started as a ball of tea, which when added to the hot water blossomed into a beautiful flower!

Altogether a very elegant experience, I will definitely be returning and I highly recommend it.  To find out more, visit the Thea Caffea facebook page.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yum this looks gorgeous! Love the look of the Dragon Eye Flowering Display tea especially, but the cakes look amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so lovely. I've never seen such amazing tea before and yes, the cake were so nice!

      Delete
  2. that cake looks so yummy!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oof, I wish I lived in the UK. This place looks sublime!

    X
    C
    http://raincloudforrent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete